Sunday, March 7, 2010

MAC Wk.1- Blogging Again

I've never been one to keep a diary. I don't take notes at meetings and if I have something to say, I'll say it. So, blogging is a little foreign to me. I can write when the mood strikes and I've been told by instructors that I can turn a fine phrase or two when I do so. The problem for me with this venue is that it is SO public. I'm afraid that someone will see my musings and think "geez, she's an idiot!" But, then again, unless they comment I'll never know. So, I'll stick my toe in the water once again and blog my lil' heart out. I'll "give myself an A"- I can do this and make it meaningful for myself and hopefully, it will be meaningful for those of you who read it.

This video gave me a smile and let me know I wasn't alone!

1 comment:

  1. First thought on the video is how many of the services mentioned in the two flying lists of services are still around? I also noticed that WordPress wasn't on the list, so that dates the video to being at least three years old.

    As far as blogging, the key word that you mentioned was "fear." Yeah, what if someone doesn't like what you write. When I started I just assumed that no one was really reading and it was an exercise of basically thinking out loud. I know that there is a gender-gap issue here because guys tend to get more of a pass on saying/writing stupid things in public than women do. Truth is, which the video misses, is that blogging rarely is about the one voice speaking, but the sound of the community. :-)

    ReplyDelete